Your basket is currently empty!
Chocolate Lavender Truffles
A great idea for the end of the meal or for wedding favours, this also works brilliantly with a white chocolate covering. This recipe is part of a selection of ideas for homemade wedding favours which features on The Natural Wedding Company’s Blog at http://thenaturalweddingcompany.co.uk/blog/
- 12 sprigs of lavender
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped lavender
- 10oz high cocoa chocolate
- 2oz unsalted butter
- 142 ml carton of double cream
- Either cocoa or further melted chocolate for finishing.
- Put clean sprigs of lavender into the cream and just bring to the boil.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes to infuse and repeat the process until required strength is reached. I did this twice but our lavender is pretty strong.(You can only really tell this by sticking you finger in and tasting it!). Just remember that whilst lavender has a strong flavour it has to be able to stand up to the dark chocolate.
- Ideally you want the truffle to deliver all chocolate taste up front and then a nice lavender flavour as it melts in your mouth. (Hark at me!)
- Put chocolate and butter in a heat proof bowl and place over a pan of water to melt.
- Bring cream to the point and strain over the chocolate mixture.
- Add finely chopped lavender if you require a stronger flavor.
- Mix thoroughly and place in the fridge.
- Allow to chill for approximately 3 hours until firm.
- Form into balls.
- Refrigerate again until cold and then either roll in cocoa powder or place on a wire rack (with a plate underneath!) and cover in melted chocolate