Your basket is currently empty!
Introduction to growing and using edible flowers – July 28 2023
7 in stock
To be held at our brand new THE EDIBLE FLOWER GARDEN in Budleigh Salterton, Devon EX9.
This course is aimed at those wanting an introduction to edible flowers and to gain a broad brush knowledge for growing them in their gardens. It costs £100 (inclusive of VAT)
Format of the day comprises:
- 9.45 Arrive for tea/coffee
- 10-12 Discussion on the dos and don’ts of edible flowers. EVERYTHING – from identification, sowing, growing, which are great for the garden and which for wildlife and what you must and must not do when using them.
- 10-45 Coffee and floral brownies (naturally!)
- 12.00 Please bring your own packed lunch to enjoy in our gardens or conservatory.
- 12.45 Field ID session of edible flowers we can see in our very new edible flower garden and what we’ve achieved in our first year at our new garden site. A chance to taste and see some different edible flowers and to see examples of how they can be used.
- 3.30 Questions about edible flowers growing and eating.
- 4pm departure.
This course is limited to 6 people. It is designed for home growers not commercial growers (If you are interested in commercial growing then see our separate course). TO BOOK ONTO THIS COURSE PLEASE EMAIL JAN HERE.
There are plenty of fabulous B&Bs in Budleigh Salterton, pubs and fish and chip shop, beautiful walks along the coast (including the South West Coast Path) and the fabulous new 55 hectare River Otter rewinding project to enjoy so why not make a weekend of it!